9 Best Sneaker Proxies in 2024: Boost Copping Success Rate
Sneaker proxies help sneaker bots mimic human behavior, bypass IP bans, and increase the chances of purchasing rare sneakers by providing multiple IP addresses. Sneaker proxies are important for enthusiasts and resellers to access geographically restricted sneakers, and offer fast connections to ensure transactions are completed as quickly as possible.
This article provides an overview of sneaker proxies, guides on using proxies for sneaker purchases, and recommendations for top sneaker bot proxies.
Comparison of top sneaker proxy providers
We identified key aspects of a proxy service provider from the perspective of a business seeking to improve its privacy with large number of IPs, and use different types of proxies for efficient web scraping.
The list is sorted in an ascending order based on the lowest price level, with the exception of the products of the article’s sponsors which are linked to sponsor websites.
|Residential & ISP
|From $1 to free
|Residential & ISP
|Residential & ISP
|$355 for 200 IPs
|Residential & ISP
|$2/GB residential; $5/IP ISP
The best sneaker proxy services: Detailed comparison
1. Bright Data
Bright Data stands out as a premier proxy service provider, offering a diverse range of proxy types including residential, datacenter, mobile, and ISP proxies to cater to various needs, including sneaker purchases. It boasts a vast network with 72 million residential proxies globally and 770,000 ISP proxies, featuring precise targeting options like city, ZIP Code, carrier, and ASN.
The service offers both shared and private residential IPs, with the shared option being more cost-effective than dedicated IPs. Bright Data’s large proxy network rivals that of industry giants like Oxylabs, ensuring a different IP with each connection request to minimize the risk of any single IP being flagged for excessive use. Clients have the flexibility to opt for a pay-as-you-go plan for occasional use or commit to a subscription plan, which comes with the benefit of discounted rates.
- Residential proxies: Provide rotating residential 72+ million IPs located in over 190 countries.
- IP rotation: Provide options for both rotating and sticky session proxies.
- Location: City, state, and zip code level targeting available.
- Starting price: $6.3/GB. Pay-as-you-go option is available.
- Trial: 7-days free-trial for companies.
Oxylabs is tailored for large use cases, providing access to a vast network of 100 million premium residential IPs globally. These IPs can be targeted by city, and users have the ability to create sticky sessions lasting up to 30 minutes. The service offers precise targeting for residential and mobile proxies, enabling users to select specific locations within a country or city. Sessions are set to default at 10 minutes but can conclude after 60 seconds if no further requests are made.
The platform also features 100,000 static IPs and 360,000 rotating static IPs from 20 different locations, with 270,000 of these rotating IPs coming from the US pool. Oxylabs allows for extended proxy sessions with the same residential IP for up to five hours, catering to users requiring long-duration connectivity.
As a premium proxy service, Oxylabs positions itself at a higher price point compared to more budget-friendly options like IPRoyal. It offers flexible payment options, including pay-as-you-go plans for its residential and mobile IP services, catering to users looking for quality and extensive coverage.
- Residential and ISP proxies: Offer 100M residential IPs, 100k ISP proxies
- Rotating proxies: Support IP rotation options
- Global coverage: Provide city-level targeting
- Dedicated account managers: Offer dedicated account managers for users who require a more personalized approach
- Stick sessions: Offer sticky session features. The sticky session feature assigns the user the same IP address throughout the entire session.
- City & ASN filtering: Enable city & ASN (Autonomous System Number) filtering, allowing users to select proxy IP addresses based on specific geographical locations and internet service providers (ISPs).
- Starting price: $9 / GB
- Trial: 7-day
Smartproxy is another popular option for sneaker use cases, featuring a large pool of over 55 million residential proxies, along with 100,000 shared datacenter IPs from the US and Europe, and an additional 400,000 private datacenter proxies exclusively within the US. It also offers a sizable selection of 10 million 3G/4G/5G mobile proxies, which support both HTTP(s) and SOCKS5 protocols. The service includes approximately 20,000 ISP proxy addresses located in the US, catering to specific needs for American IP addresses. For residential proxies, Smartproxy allows sticky sessions to be maintained for up to 30 minutes, providing flexibility for tasks requiring longer connection durations.
Smartproxy offers a 14-day money-back guarantee on all its proxy services. It also adopts a pay-as-you-go model for its mobile and residential proxies, offering flexibility and convenience for users who prefer not to commit to long-term plans.
- Residential proxies: Provide residential sneaker proxies with a pool of over 40M IPs.
- Sneaker bots: Compatible with all major sneaker bots, including Better Nike Bot and Supreme Bot.
- Mobile-compatible: Allow users to set up their sneaker bots with proxies with a mobile device.
- Sticky sessions: Offer sticky sessions for up to 30 min.
- Starting price: $7/GB
- Pay-as-you-go plan is available
- Trial: Offers 3-day 100MB trial for $1.
IPRoyal provides access to a network of 8 million both rotating and static residential IP addresses, featuring city/state targeting capabilities at a more affordable price point. Proxies are designed to rotate with each request, although there’s an option to maintain sticky sessions for durations up to 24 hours.
Despite its offerings, IPRoyal might not boast as wide-ranging and diverse an IP pool as needed for large-scale tasks. The service also includes ISP proxies available from 25 different countries. IPRoyal offers specialized datacenter sneaker proxies, which come from a dedicated private IP pool, tailored for sneaker-related activities.
- Residential & datacenter proxies: Offer residential and datacenter IPs for sneaker proxies.
- User-password authentication: It is an authentication method for securing proxy services. Sneaker proxies with user-password authentication allow sneaker bots to connect to sneaker proxies and make requests on behalf of users.
- Global coverage: 15 countries available. City/state targeting is only available with residential proxies.
- Starting price: There are 1-day and 30-day pricing options:
- 1 Day: $1.00 per proxy
- 30 Days: $1.80 per proxy
- Trial: N/A
Nimble offers residential proxies that come with an automatic IP rotation feature, ensuring a new IP address with each request by default. For users needing a stable IP for longer tasks, the provider allows the creation of sticky sessions, which maintain the same IP address and only rotate after a 10-minute period of inactivity. Residential proxies support both HTTP and SOCKS5 protocols, providing versatility for various online activities.
- Residential sneaker proxies: Provide rotating residential.
- IP rotation: Offers residential pool that by default, automatically switch IP addresses. Additionally, it includes sticky sessions which undergo rotation after a duration of 10 minutes of
- Geo-targeting: Covers 195 locations including country, city-level and and state-level targeting.
- Supported protocols: HTTP and SOCKS5
- Starting price: $9 / GB
- Trial: 7-day
ProxyDrop offers a variety of proxies, including datacenter, residential, and ISP types, tailored for sneaker copping. Their residential proxies cover major countries, such as the US, UK, China, and Japan, while their ISP proxies are largely focus in Virginia. The service offers both rotating and sticky sessions.
- Residential sneaker proxies: Provide residential proxies with a 28M+ IP pool.
- Server routing: Target the nearest server based on the user’s location to optimize the speed and performance of the proxy service.
- User-password authentication: Require users to enter a valid username and password to access and use the proxy.
- Starting price: $18 / GB
- Trial: N/A
PrivateProxy. distinguishes itself with its exclusive dedicated proxies. As a provider of various proxy services, PrivateProxy features both static and rotating options for data center and residential IPs, covering significant areas like the UK, US, and Europe. Notably, their rotating proxies support the HTTP/S protocol exclusively, lacking the option for rotating Socks5 proxies. For those interested in testing their services, PrivateProxy. provides a trial that includes three private proxies.
- Residential and rotating dedicated proxies: Provide residential IPs, rotating datacenter, and residential proxies for sneakers.
- Geolocation: Include USA, UK and Germany.
- Starting price: $355/mo for 200 IPs.
- Trial: Available. The trial period for datacenter proxies is seven days, while residential proxies are two days.
Rayobyte, formerly known as Blazing SEO, provides a range of proxy services including residential, ISP, and mobile proxies spanning across approximately 150 countries. The service offers over 100,000 residential IP addresses. By default, residential proxy pool are set to rotate automatically, without the option for users to customize rotation intervals.
The service lacks ASN targeting/filtering capabilities, offering only country-level filtering options. Additionally, Rayobyte provides dedicated ISP proxies specifically from the US, UK, Canada, and Germany.
- Residential and ISP proxies: Provide residential and ISP IPs for sneaker proxies.
- Proxy authentication: Offer IP Authorization or User:Passwords authentications.
- Geolocation: Offer US-based residential proxies and ISP proxies from the US, UK and Germany.
- Starting price:
- Rotating residential proxies for $2/GB
- ISP proxies starting at $5.00/IP
- Trial: Available
IPBurger provides both proxy and VPN services, featuring a vast network of 75 million residential proxies. The service is designed to work seamlessly with browser extensions, mobile proxy apps, and sneaker bots, allowing users to either rotate IP addresses with each connection request or use a consistent IP for periods of up to 30 minutes.
IPBurger’s residential proxies come with targeting capabilities that can be refined by ISP, state, or city. For those interested in testing their regular rotating residential IP services, IPBurger offers a 7-day trial at a cost of $9.
- Rotating residential proxies: Provide 75+ million rotating residential IPs.
- Mobile sneaker proxies: You can integrate sneaker proxies with both Android and iOS.
- City-level location targeting: Include 930 cities from around the world.
- Sticky IP sessions: Up to 30-minute sticky IPs.
- Starting price: $15.8/GB
- Trial: N/A
What are sneaker proxies?
Sneaker proxies are specialized proxy servers used by sneaker resellers and enthusiasts to buy sneakers from online stores. These proxies serve as intermediaries between the buyer’s computer and the target retailer’s website.
What are the types of sneaker proxies?
There are two main types of sneaker proxies that are commonly used: datacenter and residential proxies. If speed and cost-effectiveness are your primary concerns, datacenter sneaker proxies are the way to go. On the other hand, residential proxies may be a better option if anonymity and the ability to circumvent geo-restrictions are more important for your case.
1. Datacenter proxies
Datacenter proxy services, or DC proxies, are hosted on servers located in data centers and are not affiliated with an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Fast connection speeds: Datacenter proxy servers deliver fast speed due to their location in datacenters with high-speed internet connections. This makes datacenter proxies ideal for time-sensitive projects such as sneaker drops.
- Cost-effective: If you are looking for a budget-friendly proxy for sneaker bots, datacenter proxies are much cheaper than residential proxies.
- Less reliable for bypassing geo-restrictions: Since datacenter proxy services are not listed as ISP providers, sneaker websites can easily identify and block them. This increases the likelihood of encountering restrictions or IP bans when using datacenter proxies.
- Limited IP pool: Datacenter proxy servers may have fewer unique IP addresses than residential proxy servers. The restricted number of IP addresses can pose a drawback for activities such as web scraping and obtaining access to restricted content.
2. Residential proxies
Residential sneaker proxies use IP addresses assigned by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to homeowners. There are two types of residential proxies:
- Rotating residential proxies: Periodically rotate or change IP addresses to ensure users can access a unique IP for each connection request (Figure 1). Rotating sneaker proxies are especially advantageous for tasks requiring a high level of anonymity, like accessing restricted content.
Figure 1: Demonstrating how a rotating proxy works
2. Static residential proxies (ISP proxies): ISP proxies, or static residential proxies, maintain the same IP address for the duration of the user’s session.
- Lower risk of getting blacklisted: Residential proxy IPs are less likely to be flagged as proxies than datacenter proxy IPs since a real ISP provides them. This makes residential proxies look real and legitimate.
- Effective for bypassing geo-restrictions: Residential proxies use IP addresses from real users in different locations, allowing them to circumvent geographical restrictions imposed by sneaker sites.
- More expensive: Residential sneaker proxies are typically more costly than datacenter proxies due to the costs of acquiring and maintaining residential IP addresses.
- Slower connection speeds: Residential and datacenter proxies are adequate for purchasing sneakers during drops or limited-edition sneakers. However, datacenter proxies provide faster and higher performance than residential proxies since their IP addresses originate from data centers and cloud server providers.
Choosing the best proxies for sneaker bots
Choosing the right sneaker proxy is crucial to increase the chances of success during sneaker drops. Here are some factors to take into account when choosing a sneaker proxy for your sneaker bot:
1. Proxy type
It is essential to determine the proxy type best suited for your needs and verify that the sneaker proxy provider supports it. You can review the proxy provider’s website to confirm proxy type availability.
Some sneaker proxy providers may specialize in a particular proxy type or have a limited number of IPs for certain types. If you have any questions about the availability and compatibility of proxy types, contact the proxy provider’s customer support team.
2. IP pool size and diversity
A large pool of IP addresses increases the level of anonymity by switching between different IPs when accessing target servers. This enables clients to bypass rate limits and anti-scraping measures imposed by sneaker websites. When choosing a proxy provider, consider the number of available IP addresses in a proxy pool and the diversity of the available IP addresses.
3. Geographical locations
Review the sneaker proxy provider’s website to see if they cover the specific regions or countries you want to target. For instance, some sneaker proxy providers may have a more extensive selection of datacenter proxies in particular areas.
Ensure that the proxy provider offers the right type of proxies for your needs in the targeted geographical locations.
Ensure that the sneaker proxy you intend to use is compatible with your sneaker bot. You can check the sneaker bot’s documentation to determine which proxy types are supported. If you’re uncertain about compatibility, you can test proxy compatibility with your sneaker bot by purchasing a smaller package or requesting a trial before making a larger investment.
5. Pricing and plans
When selecting a sneaker proxy service, the cost is an important factor. Note that the cheapest option may not always be the best option. When evaluating the cost of proxy services, consider the following factors:
- Type of proxies: Different proxy types incur different costs. For instance, datacenter proxies are often a cost-effective choiceHowever, they can be easier to detect and block. In contrast, residential and mobile proxies provide higher anonymity at a higher cost.
- Pricing plans: Proxy service providers offer various pricing plans based on variables such as geo-targeting options and the number of IP addresses.
- Extra features and support: Some advanced options, such as city-level targeting and dedicated IP addresses, may be available at an additional cost.
- Pay-as-you-go: Some proxy providers offer pay-as-you-go plans that charge based on proxy usage rather than a fixed monthly or annual fee. This model enables users to adjust their proxy usage in response to fluctuating needs without committing to a long-term contract. Pay-as-you-go plans may not be the most cost-effective option if your scraping project requires high-volume proxy use.
What are the benefits of sneaker proxies?
Most shoe websites implement security measures, such as CAPTCHAs, due to identity theft or design copying concerns. Sneaker proxies allow sneaker collectors to legally and ethically bypass these security measures. Here are the main benefits of sneaker proxies:
- Coping limited-edition sneakers: Coping limited-edition sneakers, or sneaker copping, refers to the process of purchasing highly sought-after sneakers during high-demand releases, often called “sneaker drops.” You can configure your sneaker bot with a sneaker proxy to automate the purchasing process. Select a sneaker proxy service with a large and diverse IP pool if you aim to access and scrape a well-protected sneaker website. This way, you can reduce the likelihood of being detected and blocked by sneaker sites.
- Reselling sneakers: The sneaker resale market is valued at approximately $1 billion and is anticipated to grow in the coming years.
However, it is difficult for sneaker enthusiasts to secure limited-edition sneakers at retail prices. Sneaker proxies allow sneaker resellers to secure limited-edition sneakers. This increases the likelihood of successfully purchasing limited-edition sneakers during sneaker drops.
- Bypassing geographical restrictions: Some sneaker websites implement anti-scraping measures such as rate limiting and geo-restrictions. For example, sneaker websites may track the IP addresses of visitors by using browser fingerprinting. These restrictions affect the success rate of sneaker bots when attempting to purchase sneakers from the target website. Sneaker proxies allow users access to limited-edition and region-specific sneaker releases.
- Improving response time: Sneaker proxies distribute the sneaker bot’s requests across multiple IP addresses. This can help balance the load and prevent an IP address from becoming overwhelmed.
- Bypassing purchase limits: Sneaker websites may impose IP-based purchase limits during limited-edition sneaker drops to prevent bots from purchasing their entire inventory. Sneaker bots configured with proxies enable users to send requests from different IP addresses, simulating the appearance of multiple users making separate purchases.
Are sneaker proxies illegal?
Even though sneaker proxies and bots can increase the likelihood of acquiring limited-edition sneakers, they pose several risks and ethical concerns. Awareness of these challenges and adherence to best practices to alleviate ethical concerns while using sneaker proxies.
- Violation of terms of service: The use of sneaker proxies may violate the terms of service (ToS) of sneaker websites. For instance, some online retailers and sneaker sites implement anti-bot measures to identify and prevent automated activity. Using sneaker proxies to access restricted content and bypass these security measures can be considered a breach of the website’s ToS. Before using sneaker proxies, it is essential to adhere to the terms and conditions established by sneaker websites and retailers you interact with.
- Strain on the web infrastructure of sneaker websites: Using sneaker proxies to send a large number of requests quickly can strain the web infrastructure of sneaker websites. This can result in server crashes or downtime, affecting the performance of the website and the retailer’s sales.
- Legal implications: The legal consequences of using sneaker proxies in conjunction with sneaker bots vary depending on the circumstances. For example, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) is a federal law prohibiting unauthorized computer system access in the United States. The act of circumventing security protocols, such as CAPTCHAs, could be considered a CFAA violation.
More on proxies
- Top 10 Proxy Service Providers for Web Scraping
- The Ultimate Guide to Proxy Server Types
- Top 10 Residential Proxy Providers
For guidance to choose the right tool, go through data-driven list of proxy services, and reach out to us:
Next to Read
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.