Top Instagram Proxies of 2024: Pricing & Features Compared
Instagram is one of the world’s top 10 most-visited websites. The immense popularity and widespread use of Instagram have resulted in the rise of a number of tools and services to help users get the most out of their Instagram experience.1 Some of these solutions include Instagram scrapers and Instagram proxies.
Instagram proxies assist businesses and individuals in managing multiple accounts, conducting marketing campaigns, and collecting data for market research.
In this article, we’ll explore the concept of Instagram proxies, why they are important, and how to use them effectively and ethically. This guide will also provide you with various Instagram proxy providers and assist you in selecting the most suitable one tailored to your specific needs.
The best Instagram proxy providers
|3-day trial for $1.99
|Trial for $1.97
What is an Instagram proxy?
An Instagram proxy is a type of proxy server that is used to manage multiple Instagram accounts. Instagram proxies perform the same as other regular proxy servers. They act as an intermediary between the client’s machine and Instagram servers to conceal their actual IP addresses.
10 best Instagram proxies: key features & offerings
This section examines 9 Instagram proxy providers, detailing their features and pricing structures to help you decide which proxy provider is best for specific requirements and applications.
1. Bright Data
Bright Data is a web data collection platform that provides businesses with access to a variety of proxy services, including datacenter, residential and mobile proxies for social media marketing.
- IP rotation: Managing multiple social media accounts or web scraping may require making a large number of requests in a short period of time, which makes Instagram bots easily detectable and blacklisted by the target server. IP rotation mitigates the risk of being blocked by websites by changing the IP address for each request or after a set of requests.
- Multiple proxy types: Offers multiple proxy types, including datacenter, ISP, mobile and residential proxies, enabling users to choose the type that best suits their specific applications.
- City-level targeting: Allows users to specify the city they want to target.
- API access: Bright Data’s API enables users to automate and interact with the proxy service’s features, such as IP address changing.
- Proxy dashboard: Allows users to manage and monitor the use of the proxy server. Users can add or remove IP addresses from their proxy pool, track the amount of data used and the number of requests made.
- Starting at: $6.3/GB/ mo (residential proxies)
- Free trial: 7 day trial
Smartproxy’s Instagram proxies include 40M+ residential IPs in 195+ locations and dedicated datacenter proxies that are located in the US.
- Rotating IPs: Distributes the requests over a large number of IP addresses to reduce the likelihood of the target server recognizing the connection request as originating from a single source.
- Sticky sessions up to 30 min: Allows users to maintain the same IP address for up to 3o minutes. The IP address is substituted after the interval of time specified.
- Username/password authentication: Verifies a user’s identity before granting access to the proxy server. If the provided username and password match the system’s database, the user request is allowed to access the proxy pool.
- City-level targeting
- Starting at: $7/GB/mo (residential proxies)
- Free trial: 100MB residential trial for free
Nimble offers residential proxies with an automatic IP rotation feature by default. For those needing a stable IP for longer periods, the option to start a sticky session is available, where IP rotation occurs only after 10 minutes of inactivity. Nimble’s residential proxies include a web scraping API and an unblocker proxy feature. These proxies are compatible for use with your own in-house scraping tools.
- Geo-targeting: Enables proxy users to direct internet traffic via proxy servers located in designated countries, states, or cities.
- Rotating and Sticky IPs: Provides IP rotation for each request and the ability to keep the same IP address for extended periods or throughout a session.
- Auto-scaling Infrastructure: Adjusts dynamically to manage any level of workload. The residential proxy pool expands or contracts the number of active proxies in response to the demands of the ongoing project.
- Supported protocols: HTTP and SOCKS5 protocols.
- Starting at: $600/mo
- Free trial: 7-day
NetNut offers residential, datacenter and mobile proxies for data collection projects. They provide rotating and static residential IPs for various use cases including social media management, social media scraping and brand protection.
- Static IPs: Also known as fixed IPs. Unlike dynamic proxies, static proxies maintain the same IP address during the session.
- Dedicated proxies: Offers IP addresses that are used by a exclusively by one user at a time.
- Rotating residential IPs: You can change your IP address for each connection request or specified time period.
- Starting at: $15/GB/ mo residential Instagram proxies
- Free trial: 7-day
IPRoyal is a proxy provider that offers custom-tailored proxy services for various use cases. Their proxy networks include; private proxies, rotating/static residential proxies, and datacenter proxies.
- Instant IP change: Allows users to change their IP addresses via the proxy dashboard via an API call.
- Auto-Rotate: Replaces users’ IP addresses for each connection request or at the set intervals, preventing users’ activities from appearing suspicious to Instagram servers.
- Sticky proxy session: Allows users to maintain the same IP address for the duration of a session or specified period.
- Unlimited concurrent sessions: Users can make as many simultaneous connections to the target server as they need. The proxy server forwards each request with a different IP address.
- Starting at: $7 /GB/ mo residential Instagram proxies
- Free trial: N/A
Infatica is a proxy seller that offers a wide range of proxy services for web scraping tasks. They provide Instagram proxies that consist of residential IPs.
- Proxy management dashboard: Helps users manage and monitor their proxy usage. For instance, they can select the type of Instagram proxy they want to use and track the number of requests they made.
- IP and Login:Pass authentication: With IP authentication method, the user’s IP address is added to a whitelist and the proxy server accepts requests coming from the whitelisted IP addresses. Login:Pass method requires users to enter a valid username and password to connect to the proxy server.
- Proxy rotation
- Starting at: $9.6/GB/mo
- Free trial: 3 day trial
Metrow is a proxy service provider that offers residential and mobile IPs for web scraping, account management, and market research. They also offer dedicated social media proxies for automating and managing multiple accounts.
- Customizable IP rotation: Enables users to set the rotation intervals based on their specific needs.
- Session management: Users can maintain the same IP address for up to 30 minutes before it rotates.
- ASN-targeting: Allows users to choose proxies that are associated with a specific ASN (Autonomous System Number). It is useful to access a website that has blocked traffic from ASNs.
- User:pass and whitelist IP authentication
- Starting at: $10/GB/mo for residential IPs, $35/GB/mo for mobile IPs
- Free trial: N/A
IPBurger provides 5+ million rotating residential proxies for Instagram automation and management.
- Browser extension: Allows users to install proxies on their web browsers to manage and customize their proxy settings for Instagram.
- Compatible with Instagram automation software: Instagram automation software helps users manage and automate various tasks, such as posting and liking. However, using it with multiple Instagram accounts without getting identified as suspicious activity is difficult. Instagram proxies allow users to reduce the risk of triggering Instagram’s security measures by rotating their IP addresses for each request.
- Session control: Provides sticky residential IPs for up to 30 minute
- ASN (Autonomous System Number): Enable users to filter and target proxies based on their associated ASNs.
- User/Pass Authentication
- Starting at: $69/5GB/mo
- Free trial: N/A
PrivateProxy offers an Instagram Script that is powered by residential proxies to help users with web scraping and data parsing tasks.
- Instagram script: Automates tasks on Instagram, such as data scraping from Instagram. The script features residential proxies.
- Parse data with Instagram accounts: Once data has been extracted from the target website, the script enables users to parse the data into a structured format.
- Starting at: $5/mo (residential static), $150/mo (residential rotating)
- Free trial: Available
ProxyEmpire is a web scraping service that provides access to different proxy networks, including residential, datacenter, and mobile proxies. Their Instagram proxy service includes rotating/static residential and 4G rotating mobile IPs.
- Residential proxies for Instagram bots: rotating and static IPs
- Mobile proxies for Instagram bots: rotating and dedicated IPs
- Starting at: $15/GB/mo (residential plans), $30/GB/mo (mobile plans)
- Free trial: Available
How does an Instagram proxy work?
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of how Instagram proxies work in conjunction with Instagram bots:
- Connection request: The user’s device sends a request to Instagram’s server to interact with the platform. The connection request includes several pieces of information about the user’s device, such as IP address, user agent, and HTTP header.
- Instagram proxy: The user’s device forwards the request to the proxy server instead of sending it directly to Instagram.
- IP rotation: The Instagram proxy server changes the user’s real IP address by assigning a new IP address from its IP pool. The proxy server then transmits the request with the assigned IP address to the destination site.
- Interaction with the target site: Instagram’s servers receive the connection request and process it to understand if the user has permission to access the requested information. If the Instagram server approves the user’s request, it provides the requested information.
- Server response: The Instagram proxy receives the server’s response and forwards it back to the user’s device.
Why do you need to use proxies for Instagram?
Instagram restricts the number of accounts that can be managed from a single IP address to prevent automated bots and spam activities. If you try to manage too many accounts from the same IP address, Instagram might flag this as suspicious activity and ban your IP address to prevent you from accessing or managing multiple accounts on its platform.
However, legitimate users who need to manage multiple accounts for professional purposes, such as Instagram marketing, may face challenges due to Instagram’s spam filters.
Instagram proxies can be especially useful for businesses, influencers, or social media managers that need to manage multiple client accounts. They enable users to manage multiple Instagram accounts without violating Instagram’s terms of service or triggering spam filters by masking their real IP addresses.
How to use Instagram proxies for legal and ethical web scraping
Instagram was the fourth-most popular social media platform among marketers worldwide in 2022.2 79% of marketers used Instagram to promote their products and services.3 Businesses may benefit from scraping Instagram data for a variety of reasons, including brand monitoring, influencer marketing, and customer engagement analysis.
It is important to note that any data scraping activities must be carried out in a legal and ethical manner and in accordance with Instagram’s terms of service. Here is a list of best practices for using Instagram proxies for ethical and responsible Instagram scraping:
- Use legally outsourced IPs: Some proxy providers may offer proxies that are illegally sourced. Make sure to choose a reputable Instagram proxy provider.
- Adhere to Instagram’s Terms of Service: If you intend to gather data from Instagram, regardless of whether you use Instagram proxies or not, you must follow Instagram’s Terms of Service. Violations of Instagram’s Terms of Service may result in penalties, including suspension from the platform.
- Secure the collected data: Scrape only the data you need. Once you have collected data from Instagram, it is important to encrypt the data in transit and at rest. Data encryption makes the scraped data unreadable without the correct encryption key. This will decrease the likelihood that your Instagram bot will be blocked by the target website.
- Review Instagram’s robots.txt file: A robots.txt file is a text file that instructs web crawlers, typically search engine robots, how to crawl web pages (Figure 1). To view Instagram’s robots.txt file, append “/robots.txt” to the end of the base URL.
Figure 1: Instagram’s robots.txt file
- Rotate your Instagram proxies: Rotating proxies reduce the likelihood of a single proxy server getting blocked. For example, rotating residential proxies allow clients to switch their IP addresses at specific times or intervals.
AIMultiple serves numerous emerging tech companies, including Bright Data, and Smartproxy.
More on proxies
- Top 10 Proxy Service Providers of 2023 for Web Scraping
- The Ultimate Guide to Proxy Server Types in 2023
- Top 10 Residential Proxy Providers of 2023
For guidance to choose the right tool, go through data-driven list of proxy services, and reach out to us:
Next to Read
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.