The platform formerly known as “Twitter” has now officially adopted the name “X”. It is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 250 million daily users worldwide.1 Ads on Twitter can potentially reach 544+ million users.2 It brings a lot of opportunities for businesses, marketers, and data analysts. However, leveraging this massive platform poses its own set of challenges. For example, the platform only allows Twitter users to create one account at a time, which can limit businesses ability to maintain multiple profiles for different regional audiences.
Twitter proxies empower businesses with the ability to perform tasks such as social media scraping, account management, and market research more efficiently while maintaining anonymity and circumventing potential IP blocks.
In this article, we will explain how proxies circumvent Twitter’s restrictions for businesses and offer guidance on selecting the best Twitter proxy service. We will also provide a comprehensive comparison of Twitter proxy service providers to assist you in identifying a solution suited to your particular requirements and financial constraints.
Top 10 Twitter (X) proxies of 2024 in a nutshell
The list is sorted in descending order based on the lowest price level, except for the products offered by the sponsors mentioned in this article: Bright Data, and Smartproxy.
|Starts from (1 GB)/mo*
|Pay as you go
|100 MB are free
|$2.60 for 5 days
Starting Plan/GB*: Display the most starter monthly subscription option offered by the provider for residential proxies.
What are Twitter proxies?
Twitter proxy is a server application that act as an intermediary between a client’s machine and Twitter. Instead of connecting the client directly to the target website, the Twitter proxy server forwards the connection request to Twitter. The proxy server then receives the response from the platform on behalf of the client.
The best Twitter proxies of 2024
This section includes a detailed comparison of top the 10 Twitter proxy service providers to help individuals and businesses unlock Twitter’s full potential.
1. Bright Data
Bright Data provides 72M+ proxy IPs, including residential, mobil, ISP (Internet Service Provider) proxies and datacenter proxies.
- SOCKS5 protocol with proxy manager: Bright Data’s Proxy Manager allows users to use the SOCKS5 protocol with different proxy IPs.
- Battle-tested stability: The proxy server has been tested and proven to perform well under different challenging conditions.
- Private proxies: Provides dedicated IP addresses, also known as static IPs, that are assigned to a single user.
- City, ASN and Zip code level targeting: Enables users to customize internet traffic based on specific geolocation parameters.
- Extended session control: Allows users to maintain the same IP address for multiple requests.
- Pricing: Starts from $6.3/GB/mo
- Free trial: 7-day trial
Smartproxy offers a residential Twitter proxy network, including 40 million+ IPs from over 195 locations. The proxy provider allows you to automate IPs at predetermined intervals or maintain the same IP address for 1 to 10 minutes, or up to 30 minutes, based on your specific needs and applications. Smartproxy’s Twitter proxy is compatible with major Twitter bots, including Follow Liker, Socialoomph, and WhiteHatBox.
- Up to 30-minute sticky sessions
- Rotating or sticky sessions
- HTTP(s) and SOCKS5 protocols
- Dedicated and shared datacenter proxies
- City and state-level targeting
- Pricing: Starts from $7/GB/mo
- Free trial: Custom trials
- You can test residential proxies by choosing any plan and exploring all its features with a 3-day, 100MB trial for only $1.
Nimble offers residential proxies, a proxy scraping API, and solutions to circumvent blocking, suitable for integration with both in-house and third-party web scraping APIs. For those seeking a proxy provider that blends API features for scraping Web, SERP, Maps, and E-commerce, along with integrated proxies, Nimble presents an appropriate option to consider.
- Geo-Targeting: Access to 195 locations, with targeting options at the country, city, and state levels.
- Private IPs: Provision of private residential proxies.
- IP Rotation: Availability of residential proxies with automatic IP address rotation, along with sticky sessions that rotate after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Compatible Protocols: Supports HTTP and SOCKS5.
- Starting package: $600/month, covering residential proxies and scraping API.
- Offers a 7-day trial at no cost.
NetNut is a proxy service provider that offers residential, datacenter and mobile proxies for web scraping projects. They provide rotating and static proxies, which is ideal for large-scale social media scraping activities. Rotating residential proxies change your IP addresses at predefined intervals or for each request, making them more secure and efficient.
- 52M+ auto-rotating proxies and 1M+ static IPs
- Hybrid Network: ISP + residential IPs
- Sticky IP sessions
- City and state-level targeting
- Pricing: Starts from $15/GB/mo
- Free trial: 7-day
IPRoyal Twitter proxies provide unique residential proxies for Twitter, allowing individuals and businesses to circumvent geo-restrictions and other IP-based barriers.
- Rotating and sticky sessions
- City/state targeting
- Supports HTTP/SOCKS5 protocols
- Provides API access
- Provides automatic IP rotation. You can customize how often you want to auto-rotate your IP address.
- Pricing: Starts from $7/GB/mo
- Free trial: N/A
PrivateProxy provides datacenter and residential Twitter proxies located in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
- Provides proxy API to access your proxy dashboard, manage sessions and automate proxy configuration.
- Pricing: Starts from $9/GB/mo
- Free trial: 2-day free trial period
Metrow is a proxy service provider that offers residential and mobile proxies for scraping data from Twitter and managing multiple Twitter accounts while avoiding detection and blocking.
- Automatic IP rotation
- Compatible with Twitter bots and social media automation software
- Sticky sessions up to 30 min
- Provides customizable IP rotation
- Supports whitelist IP and user:pass authentication
- Pricing: Starts from $10/GB/mo
- Free trial: For 24 hours
SOAX provides ISP and residential proxies for Twitter for various use cases, including Twitter automation, monitoring and account management.
- Supports Whitelisted IP authentication
- Provides rotating and static IPs
- Automatic proxy rotation
- City-level targeting
- Pricing: Starts from $12/GB/mo
- Free trial: 3-day trial period
ProxyEmpire provides residential Twitter proxies for managing multiple accounts, scraping data, and automating Twitter tasks.
- Unblock Twitter: Twitter is blocked and censored in some countries. Twitter proxies help individuals bypass these kind of restrictions.
- City and ISP targeting
- Supports HTTP and SOCKS5 protocols
- Provides rotating and static residential proxies for Twitter
- Pricing: Starts from $8/GB/mo
- Free trial: 100 MB of residential bandwidth are available for a free trial
IPBurger provides over 75 million rotating residential Twitter proxies for bots and social media automation tools.
- Compatible with major Twitter bots and social media marketing tools
- Provides rotating and static sessions
- Enables real-time data scraping from Twitter
- Supports User/Pass Authentication method
- State and city-level targeting
- Pricing: Starts from $13/GB/mo
- Free trial: N/A
Proxy-store offers encrypted, SOCKS5, and residential Twitter proxies from 7 countries, including USA, UK, and Germany. The proxy service provider enables individuals to rental IPs. Proxies can be rented for a minimum of 5 days.
- Provides API for developers.
- Pricing: $2.60 for 5 days rental period
- Free trial: 2-day free trial period
How do Twitter proxies work?
Twitter proxies work by serving as a gateway between a client requesting and the destination server providing the requested information. Here’s a overview of how the process typically works:
- The client directs the request to the Twitter proxy server instead of connecting the user to the target platform directly.
- The connection request first goes to the proxy, the proxy server replaces the client’s actual IP address before forwarding it to the destination site.
- Twitter proxy then forwards the client’s request Twitter’s servers.
- Twitter’s servers provide the requested information to the proxy server.
- The proxy server forwards Twitter’s response back to the client machine.
Why do you need to use proxies for Twitter?
In this section, we discuss some Twitter-specific use cases for proxies and explain how Twitter proxies can be used to overcome challenges such as rate limits and spam detection systems.
- Multiple Twitter accounts management: Managing multiple accounts for different products, clients, and marketing campaigns can be difficult. If you need to manage more than one Twitter account, proxies can help you manage multiple Twitter accounts by overcoming Twitter’s geo-restrictions and rate limits. For instance, if you send a request to a platform operated from the same IP address as Twitter, Twitter may flag your IP address as spam.
- Ad verification: Social media marketers target ads based on geographical location. By using a proxy located in the target region, they can ensure that their ads are displayed to the right audience without revealing their own location.
- Twitter data scraping: Twitter scraping is the process of extracting public data from Twitter using a Twitter scraper, including user profiles, trending topics, and hashtags. Twitter has measures in place to prevent bots from manipulating content, like spamming and spreading disinformation. Twitter proxies allow users to access Twitter and scrape data from the platform while maintaining their anonymity.
- Location-based trend tracking: Trending topics on Twitter can vary by region. Monitoring location-based Twitter trends enables social media marketers to conduct local sentiment analysis and develop a localized advertising strategy. Twitter proxies help marketers monitor and analyze Twitter trends that are specific to a particular geographical region.
- Testing applications: Developers can use proxies to validate Twitter-based applications’ performance properly under different conditions and user scenarios. Twitter proxies allow developers to simulate users connecting from different geographical locations to ensure applications are working as intended in different locations.
Best practices for using Twitter proxies
Apart from the advantages of using proxies for Twitter, it is crucial to use proxy servers responsibly and respect privacy rules and legal guidelines. Here are some best practices for using proxies for Twitter ethically and responsibly:
- Choose a reliable Twitter proxy provider: Ensure that you choose a Twitter proxy provider with a solid reputation in the market. You can check out customer reviews on independent review platforms.
- Comply with Twitter’s terms of service: Twitter outlines the rules and guidelines that users agree to follow to use the platform in its terms of service. Before using a proxy server for Twitter, it is important to understand and comply with Twitter’s Terms of Service.
- Don’t use proxies for illegal activities: Misuse of proxies for unethical or illegal purposes, such as distributing copyrighted material or bypassing country-specific embargoes, has severe legal consequences.
More on social media proxies
- Top 8 Instagram Proxies in 2023: Pricing & Features Compared
- Proxy Pricing Benchmark: Lowest Price Proxy Services in 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Proxy Server Types in 2023
If you still have any questions about how to choose a Twitter proxy server that is suitable for your specific application, feel free to read our data-driven whitepaper on the topic:
For guidance to choose the right tool, go through data-driven list of proxy services, and reach out to us:
Next to Read
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.