Almost all major websites and business do not use artificial intelligence could be a simpler question. Since AI systems can be defined as learning systems that solve problems that can not be solved perfectly, AI systems are ubiquitous in major enterprises. Here are some mainstream and some quirky examples that are open to public so you can interact with the AI system. If you think we are missing any examples, please add to comments:
- Text search:
- Google is one of the leading companies in AI and it is impossible to have a competitive search solution today without Natural Language Processing, a subfield of AI. RankBrain is a machine-learning artificial intelligence system that helps Google process some of its search results, in particular, rare or one-of-a-kind queries. It was launched in early 2015 and is used globally by Google.
- Chinese search engine Baidu is also heavily investing in AI employing more than 1300 employees on AI topics like deep learning
- Image search: Whether it is tagging images or searching images by uploading images, machine vision is required in image search.
- ViSenze is a vendor providing image search technology, you can see more details here and try their image search here.
- Seeing AI is another product that searches images. What makes Seeing AI unique is it narrates the world around you from your camera. It is designed for the blind and low vision community.
Personal productivity tools
Google Translate was featured extensively by NYT as one of the leaders of the AI awakening
Just open Skype and call a friend who speaks a foreign language. Skype provides real-time audio to audio translation which is not surprising since Microsoft achieved audio transcription results on par with professional transcriptionists as explained here.
Google Docs and Grammarly use natural language processing (NLP) and natural language understanding (NLU) technology to check grammatical errors and suggest corrections. Grammarly can also perform sentiment analysis to identify the tone of your writing while Google Docs has Natural Language API to be integrated into Google Docs to recognize the sentiment of selected text.
Other productivity tools
- Crystalknows analyzes your emails and helps you adjust your email style to better communicate with your recipient.
- Gluru an intelligent todo list that listens to your emails and learns from your activity.
- Clarifai’s image tagging API does a good job as explained here
- Microsoft’s Captionbot.ai generates captions for your uploaded photos.
- Magisto is an effective AI-powered video editor that helps you create marketing videos and product videos. A.I. powered video maker analyze the video and gain insights about where and why viewers stop watching your videos.
- Lisa is an Instagram engagement predictor powered with machine learning algorithms. It helps brands engage their audience with the right photos and decrease their A/B testing costs.
Chatbots without a commercial focus
Replika is a personal AI chatbot that is offering users a helpful conversation to express and witness themselves. People who are feeling depressed, concerned, or lonely can chat with their AI friend to get through their problems.
Chatbots for healthcare
Ada is a personal health companion developed by doctors and scientists that can help you analyze symptoms and receive personal health assessments by using machine learning algorithms.
Your personal shopping assistant Mona. Need a new pair of jeans? Send Mona on a mission! Mona works as detailed or as simple as you want & all the feedback you provide improves your future search results. It works based on your style, your size, your brands, and your budget!
For more successful chatbot applications, feel free to read our top 30 successful chatbots of 2020 articles.
- You already have one on your phone. Apple (Siri), Google (Allo or Google Now) and Microsoft (Cortana) all provide personal assistants
- x.ai can set your meetings
- Hound can help you get the weather, make a call, send a text, find a hotel that matches your preferences, navigate to the address, or call an Uber.
- Tetra provides automatic notes for phone calls. Dial someone through the app, then focus fully on your conversation.
- Olivia is a financial assistant that helps you spend smarter and save more. She applies artificial intelligence to learn your spending patterns, to predict your purchases, and to recommend ways to increase your savings.
Coming from a leading AI researcher at Facebook: “Facebook today cannot exist without AI. Every time you use Facebook or Instagram or Messenger, you may not realize it, but your experiences are being powered by AI”. For more details check out the post. You can also read this Fortune article for other AI use cases on Facebook.
- Improve your doodles with Autodraw
- Translate pictures into words in another language with Thing Translator
- Turn pictures into rather short and predictable songs with Giorgio Cam
- If you are a farmer and need to sort your different cucumbers, now there’s an intelligent system for that as explained here
- Draw an object and let the neural network recognize the object you draw with Google’s Quick Draw game.
- Listen music to help you achieve desired mental states such as focus or sleep with Brain.fm
- Take picture of the problem that you stuck in homework, AI will help you which concepts you need to learn with Socratic app.
Now that you have played with some B2C AI tools, you can check out business AI applications in marketing, sales, customer service, IT, data or analytics. And If you have a business problem that can be solved with AI:
How can we do better?
Your feedback is valuable. We will do our best to improve our work based on it.