AI, computer vision and machine learning systems proved that machines are better and faster than humans analyzing big data. Today, organizations have large datasets of patient data and insights about diseases through techniques like Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Using AI, healthcare providers can analyze and interpret the available patient data more precisely for early diagnosis and better treatment. Today, it is possible to say whether a person has the chance to get cancer from a selfie using computer vision and machine learning to detect increased bilirubin levels in a person’s sclera, the white part of the eye.
We have identified about a dozen artificial intelligence use case in healthcare industry and structured these use cases around typical process that used in healthcare industry. Our framework is not yet comprehensive but it can still give you insights about the activities and use cases. Also, it is ever improving so please let us know if you have any comments and suggestions.
- Assisted or automated diagnosis & prescription: AI audit systems minimize prescription errors and give a chance to find accurate disease.
- Pregnancy Management: Monitor mother and fetus to reduce mother’s worries and enable early diagnosis
- Real-time prioritization and triage: Prescriptive analytics on patient data to enable accurate real-time case prioritization and triage.
- Jvion: The Cognitive Clinical Success Machine precisely and comprehensively foresees risk deliver the recommended actions that improve outcomes.
- Wellframe: Wellframe flips the script by delivering interactive care programs directly to patients on a mobile device. Its portfolio of clinical modules, developed based on the evidence-based care, enables Care Team to provide a personalized experience for any patient.
- Enlitic: Patient triaging solutions scan the incoming cases for multiple clinical findings, determine their priority, and route them to the most appropriate doctor in the network.
- Personalized medications and care: Find the best treatment plans according to patient data reducing cost and increasing effectiveness of care
- Patient Data Analytics: Analyze patient and/or 3rd party data to discover insights and suggest actions. AI allows the institution (hospital, etc…) analyze clinical data and generate deep insights into patient health. It provides an opportunity to reduce cost of care, use efficiently resource and manage population health easily.
- Zakipoint Health: The company displays all the relevant healthcare data at a member level on a dashboard to understand risk and cost, provide tailored programs and improve patient engagement
- We have a great article covering top 20 healthcare analytics vendors if you want to learn more.
Medical Imaging and Diagnostic
- Early diagnosis: Analyze chronic conditions leveraging lab data and other medical data to enable early diagnosis
- Amara Health Analytics: Amara provides real-time predictive analytics to support clinicians in the early detection of critical disease states.
- Medical imaging insight: Advanced medical imaging to analyze and transform images and model possible situations.
- SkinVision: SkinVision enables you to find skin cancer early by taking photos of your skin with your phone and get to a doctor at the right time.
- Drug discovery: Find new drugs based on previous data and medical intelligence.
- NuMedii: Biopharma company, NuMedii has built a technology, AIDD (Artificial Intelligence for Drug Discovery) that harnesses Big Data and AI to rapidly discover connections between drugs and diseases at a systems level.
- Gene analysis and editing: Understand gene and its component. Predict the impact of gene edits.
- Desktop Genetics: Desktop Genetics is an international biotechnology company to help researchers discover and treat the root genetic causes of human disease.
- Device and drug comparative effectiveness
- 4Quant: The company utilizes the latest Big Data and Deep Learning technology to extract meaningful, actionable information from images and videos for experiment design to help pick and choose which components make the most sense for the needs.
- Brand management and marketing: Create an optimal marketing strategy for the brand based on market perception and target segment.
- Healint: Company’s product Migraine Buddy has recorded terabytes of data that helps patients, doctors and researchers better understand the real-world causes and effects of neurological disorders.
- Pricing and risk: Determine the optimal price for treatment and other service according to competition and other market conditions.
- Market research: Prepare hospital competitive intelligence.
- MD Analytics: MD analytics is a global provider of health and pharmaceutical marketing research solutions.
- Operations: Process automation technologies such as intelligent automation and RPA help hospitals automate routine front office and back office operations such as reporting.
If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact us: