Top 3 Yellow.ai Competitors & Alternatives Detailed Guide in '24
The importance of digital marketing, sales, and customer service has increased in the post-pandemic period. As seen in Figure 1, marketing and customer care managers are prioritizing self-service customer care and invest in conversational AI technologies that:
- Improve omnichannel capabilities
- Automate customer interactions
This has pushed organizations to invest in conversational AI solutions like chatbots and intelligent virtual assistants. Yellow.ai is one of the conversational AI providers on the market which has some shortcomings according to our research.
Consequently, before using Yellow.ai conversational AI platform, exploring alternatives that might better fit your business can be a logical action.To help managers identify an appropriate alternative, we comprehensively evaluate the top 3 Yellow.ai competitors in this article.
Yellow.ai: General information, capability and pricing evaluation
Yellow.ai produces chatbots and virtual assistants for companies that operate different industries such as:
- Operates in 70 countries.
- Has 6 offices, the majority of which are in South East Asia.
Neither Yellow.ai nor external sources provide any information on Yellow.ai’s pricing policy. However, Yellow.ai offers a free trial of their product.1
According to user reviews, Yellow’s conversational AI platform has the following shortcomings:
- Difficulty to add new features to chatbot: Some users report that after initial deployment of chatbot adding new features can be problematic.
Figure 2: Pros and cons of Yellow.ai.
Determination of Yellow.ai alternatives
Based on Yellow.ai’s achievements and shortcomings, we determined that these are important metrics for a successful Yellow.ai competitor:
- Focus on production of conversational AI tools (chatbots and IVAs).
- Build chatbots and IVAs for different sectors.
- Operate in different geographical locations and partner with international companies.
- Have strong India and South East Asia presence and experience (e.g offices and partners).
- Employ at least 100 people and have raise sizable funding (i.e. minimum $5M) as a sign of general commercial success of the company.
We found that 3 companies satisfy this criteria:
Note: We may have missed some vendors or within time other vendors will satisfy criteria. If this is the case please write in the comments and we will evaluate these vendors.
Haptik builds chatbots and IVAs for companies that operate in:
- Financial services
- Healthcare sectors.
Haptik’s chatbots also ensure an automated omnichannel customer engagement for companies since they can build chatbots on digital channels like:
Advantages of Haptik
1. Advanced natural language understanding (NLU) capabilities
Conversational AI solutions can understand and reply to customer queries that are sophisticated or phrased in an unusual way thanks to NLU (e.g bank customers might not know finance lingo as a finance PhD student).
According to our Conversational Commerce Platforms Benchmarking, Haptik is the only chatbot provider that can lead product discovery via conversation thanks to its advanced NLU and machine learning capabilities (see Figure 3). It means that even if users have no or limited information regarding a particular good/service, if they describe their issue, chatbots can grasp user intent and offer suitable solutions. Thus, users can experience the advantages of offline sales experience (guidance of salespeople, bank officers, insurance brokers etc.) online.
Figure 3: Product discovery via conversation.
The quality of Haptik’s conversational AI platform can also be double-checked by verified user comments (see Figure 4) or Conversational AI Platform shortlist of Capterra.3
Figure 4: Verified user comment for Haptik’s conversational AI platform.
If you want to learn the differences between natural language processing (NLP) and NLU you can read our NLU vs NLP: Main Differences & Use Cases Comparison article.
2. Highly rated support
According to McKinsey,5 70% of digital transformation attempts fail; and lack of technical support is one of the reasons why. Therefore, a skilled technology vendor that has experience in the field and fully comprehends the business case might be a game changer when difficulties arise.
According to Capterra and Gartner user reviews,6 Haptik has an effective customer success team focused on problem solving that helps users when they face challenges (see Figure 5).
Figure 5: Reviews highlight Haptik’s problem solving capabilities.
3. Expertise in WhatsApp marketing
JioMart’s end-to-end shopping experience on WhatsApp in collaboration with Haptik was the first example of end-to-end WhatsApp marketing in e-commerce (see Figure 6). As of now, Haptik created countless WhatsApp chatbots for businesses operating across various industries. Working with Haptik to leverage the WhatsApp marketing platform might be advantageous for businesses looking to advance their conversational commerce strategies.
Figure 6: Mark Zuckerberg’s comment related to Haptik’s JioMart WhatsApp chatbot case studies.
4. Easy to understand analytics
Chatbot analytics are crucial for determining how satisfied customers are with conversational AI platforms. As a result, conversational data analytics are crucial indicators for identifying existing problems and monitoring the progress of initiatives.
Customer reviews highlight that Haptik’s chatbot analytics are useful and easy to understand metrics (see Figure 7).
Figure 7: Customer review example regarding chatbot analytics of Haptik.
Cons of Haptik
Figure 8 shows general negative comments regarding Haptik.
According to Capterra, Haptik’s starter package costs $5k annually. However, this cost can increase with usage or by leveraging different features. Haptik also offers a free trial of their conversational AI tools.
If you want to experience a conversational AI tool in action you can ask Haptik for a demo.
Another competitor of Yellow.ai is Kore.ai, which also offers conversational AI platform. Similar to Haptik and Yellow.ai, Kore.ai provides omnichannel automated messaging services with following offerings:
- Voice assistants
- Intelligent bots
- Ruled-based chatbots and so on.
Kore.ai’s pros and cons
- Pricing flexibility: According to reviews, Kore ai has a more flexible pricing policy and understands business needs of customers better.
- Auto translation function: Customer reviews suggest that the auto translation function of the bots does not work smoothly which can be problematic for the businesses that have international customers. Lack of translation can diminish customer experience (see Figure 9).
- Helping documentation: Some users suggest that general documentation regarding use cases and best practices of chatbots are lacking.
- Roll back to the earlier bot version: Versioning bots can be beneficial for companies since results of experiments can be favorable or not. According to some customer reviews, Kore.ai’s platform does not allow users to roll back the earlier version of the bot.
Figure 9: A customer review regarding Kore.ai’s conversational AI platform.
Verloop.io is another Yellow.ai alternative that is mainly located in India. Like other competitors, Verloop.io offers a conversational AI platform for businesses that automate customer service and engagement. Verlop.io’s chatbots and virtual assistants can be deployed on:
- Digital messaging channels
- Custom mobile apps
Verloop.io’s pros and cons
- Integration with existing tools: Users report that Verloop.io’s tools can seamlessly integrate with their existing software.
- Lead generation with web chat: Users benefit from easy lead generation thanks to the pop-up feature of the chatbot.
- Bugs: Some users highlight that bugs make the experience non-optimal and it requires improvements.
- Top 5 WhatsApp Business Partners
- Chatbot / Conversational AI Platforms
- Top 3 Kore.ai Competitors & Alternatives.
If you need more information to find Yellow.ai alternatives you can reach us:
AIMultiple collaborates with many technology vendors including Haptik.
Cem has been the principal analyst at AIMultiple since 2017. AIMultiple informs hundreds of thousands of businesses (as per similarWeb) including 60% of Fortune 500 every month.
Cem's work has been cited by leading global publications including Business Insider, Forbes, Washington Post, global firms like Deloitte, HPE, NGOs like World Economic Forum and supranational organizations like European Commission. You can see more reputable companies and media that referenced AIMultiple.
Throughout his career, Cem served as a tech consultant, tech buyer and tech entrepreneur. He advised businesses on their enterprise software, automation, cloud, AI / ML and other technology related decisions at McKinsey & Company and Altman Solon for more than a decade. He also published a McKinsey report on digitalization.
He led technology strategy and procurement of a telco while reporting to the CEO. He has also led commercial growth of deep tech company Hypatos that reached a 7 digit annual recurring revenue and a 9 digit valuation from 0 within 2 years. Cem's work in Hypatos was covered by leading technology publications like TechCrunch and Business Insider.
Cem regularly speaks at international technology conferences. He graduated from Bogazici University as a computer engineer and holds an MBA from Columbia Business School.
To stay up-to-date on B2B tech & accelerate your enterprise:Follow on
Next to Read
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.