Timestope is possibly a big waste of time for its users in '24
Timestope claims to have the aim of decentralizing crypto ownership by helping users earn from the advertisement served to them. Please read our disclaimer about investment related advice before reading our analysis.
We do not believe that this is a good investment of your time since:
- It currently acquires users’ data but does not provide any current value to them. It provides virtual coins but they are not tradable in any exchanges.
- It is yet another solution in a crowded market
- Team does not look particularly strong.
- The founder previously had a project that does not seem to have achieved measurable success. His last project is not receiving measurable online traffic. His last project BLOOD was listed on a Korean exchange but we couldn’t find the coin on that exchange now and contacted the exchange for comment.
- Whitepaper lists a large team member but we couldn’t find most of the marketing team members on Linkedin. Company Linkedin page only lists the founder as an employee
- The whitepaper is verbose, vague and non-technical. It
- Spends more time discussing world problems than explaininging the solution
- Explains the value generation mechanism on a very high level. The plan involves showing search ads to users on a Chromium fork.
- Includes no explanation on how this is different than the numerous attempts in the same space that we listed before
- Their privacy approach needs significant improvement. We are concerned with users providing their data to this app.
- As with most companies building an ad based monetization model on top of a free product, it requests numerous permissions. You can see the permissions that they use on the Google Play Store or on other sources.
- They do their own KYC which is a major privacy issue since this leads users’ personal documents in the hands of this company
What is our recommendation?
We explained this in detail on another article but we recommend you to stop chasing promises of becoming “the master of the world” and do something more productive with your life. If you have to try to get rich using crypto, you can:
Cem has been the principal analyst at AIMultiple since 2017. AIMultiple informs hundreds of thousands of businesses (as per similarWeb) including 60% of Fortune 500 every month.
Cem's work has been cited by leading global publications including Business Insider, Forbes, Washington Post, global firms like Deloitte, HPE, NGOs like World Economic Forum and supranational organizations like European Commission. You can see more reputable companies and media that referenced AIMultiple.
Throughout his career, Cem served as a tech consultant, tech buyer and tech entrepreneur. He advised businesses on their enterprise software, automation, cloud, AI / ML and other technology related decisions at McKinsey & Company and Altman Solon for more than a decade. He also published a McKinsey report on digitalization.
He led technology strategy and procurement of a telco while reporting to the CEO. He has also led commercial growth of deep tech company Hypatos that reached a 7 digit annual recurring revenue and a 9 digit valuation from 0 within 2 years. Cem's work in Hypatos was covered by leading technology publications like TechCrunch and Business Insider.
Cem regularly speaks at international technology conferences. He graduated from Bogazici University as a computer engineer and holds an MBA from Columbia Business School.
To stay up-to-date on B2B tech & accelerate your enterprise:Follow on
Next to Read
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.