ISP proxy is one of the proxy IP types that enables users to remain anonymous and less noticeable to the target web server. Web scraping is a practice provides numerous benefits to businesses, but it also poses its own challenges. Proxy servers help users avoid being labeled as a scraper. ISP proxies are distinct from other proxy services due to their unique capabilities.
This article explores what are the differences between an ISP proxy and other proxies, as well as their advantages, and how to use ISP proxies for undetected web scraping. We will also examine the best ISP proxy providers along with their features.
The best ISP proxy services of 2024
|# number of employees
|# of reviews
While choosing the top ISP proxy service providers to include in our analysis, we considered the following metrics:
- Number of employees: A larger number of employees may be indicative of a comprehensive service and strong customer service. We included vendors whose LinkedIn profiles listed more than 50 employees.
- Customer reviews: User reviews provide invaluable insights into the success of the product. Therefore, we excluded vendors with no reviews on any review platforms.
What is an ISP proxy?
ISP proxies are static residential proxies that are hosted are in data centers. ISP proxies combine the functionality of both datacenter and residential proxies. ISP proxies combine the speed of data center proxies and the high anonymity of residential proxies.
Check out “ISP Proxies vs. Residential Proxies” to get a better understanding.
1. Bright Data
Bright Data offers shared and dedicated 700,000 static residential proxies. There are three types of IPs that the proxy provider provides within the ISP proxy network: shared (pay per usage), shared (pay per IP), and dedicated ISP proxies.
- Proxy pool: 700,000 residential IPs hosted on a data center.
- IP rotation: Offers proxy manager to rotate the User-Agent header automatically and assign a fresh IP address.
- Control panel or API: Allows you to manage your ISP proxies. You can add, remove or modify proxies through the control panel or API.
- Starting price: $9/GB
- Free trial: 7-day
- Pay as you go and custom plans available
Smartproxy provides static residential proxies located in the US. The proxy providers offers unlimited static session, which means that your IP address will not change until you rotate it. Static ISP proxies don’t support SOCKS5 protocol.
- Proxy pool: 16k IPs in US
- Rotating sessions: You can rotate the IP address for each connection request.
- HTTP(S) connection: HTTP(S) is the secure version of HTTP internet protocol. HTTPS connection allows you to communicate with the proxy server using SSL/TLS.
- Authentication via user:pass or whitelisted IP: Offers User:pass authentication and Whitelisted IP authentication methods to ensure only authorized users can access the proxy pool.
- Starting price: $6.5/GB
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- Pay as you go is available
Oxylabs offers rotating ISP proxies. The IP address assigned to the user changes after each connection request or a certain period. This makes them less likely to get blocked than datacenter proxies.
- Proxy pool: 29,000 IPs
- Extended sessions up to 5 hours: You can maintain the same ISP IP for a prolonged period.
- Dedicated IP pool: Only used by one user at any given time.
- Starting price: $17/GB
- Free trial: 7-day
- Pay as you go option is available
NetNut offers 1M+ ISP proxies for businesses and individuals. They provide users with a private static IP address from a residential network.
- API access: Enables users to monitor their proxy usage statistics in near real-time through API.
- IP Whitelisting: Provides access only to whitelisted IP addresses and denies access to all other IP addresses.
- Dedicated IP pool: The IP address is used by a single user at a time.
- Starting price: $17.5/GB
- Free trial: 7-day
IPRoyal’s static ISP proxies provide users with IP addresses issued by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that do not change constantly. Static ISP proxies allow users to appear as legitimate users since they remain unchanged over an extended period.
- City/state targeting: You can specify the location of the proxy server at a city or state level.
- SOCKS5 support: The proxy service handles any type of internet traffic such as HTTPS, HTTP, and SMTP.
- IP rotation: Allows users to change IP addresses at set intervals or after each request.
- Starting price: $2.70 per proxy
- Free trial: N/A
SOAX offers rotating ISP proxies located in US.
- Extended session up to 24 hours: Enables users to keep the same IP for a longer period.
- IP rotation: Allows users to rotate IPs depending on their application. IP rotation is useful for use cases such as large scale web scraping where data needs to be collected from a single website.
- Starting price: $10.05/GB
- Free trial: 3-day trial for $1.99 with all features
Comparing ISP, residential, and datacenter proxies: key differences
- The level of anonymity: Residential and ISP proxies, unlike datacenter proxies, assign genuine IP addresses to users to send web scraping requests from various sources. IP addresses of residential and ISP proxies are assigned by an ISP that belongs to real people. It is difficult to be blocked by websites with residential and ISP proxies compared to datacenter proxies.
- Price: Due to the level of anonymity and functionality, residential and ISP proxies are more expensive than datacenter proxies.
- Speed: Datacenter is the best way to hide your real IP address when you need to complete your tasks faster. However, you need to be careful when scraping a website with data center proxies. Since datacenter IP addresses come from cloud server providers, they can be identified and blocked. After datacenters, ISP proxies are the second-fastest type of proxies. Both the source of IP addresses of residential and ISP proxies are the same, but residential proxies are slower than ISP proxies.
3 use cases of ISP proxies with recommendations
1. Knowing the target audience with social media analytics
ISP proxies can help companies collect product data from social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter without being blocked. Social media data helps companies target their advertising campaigns to the most specific audiences.
Recommendation: You need to make sure that your data set is up-to-date. The data you have collected from social media platforms must be analyzed in a timely manner. You can set a time frame for analyzing the collected data. This will allow for a more accurate analysis.
2. Alternative Data Collection
Alternative data is a relatively new form of data that comes from unconventional sources to guide financial managers and investors. An alternative data set can be collected from different unconventional sources, such as:
- Financial transaction
- Cash/email/consumer receipts
- Purchase orders
- Mobile devices
- Web data
- Social media
You can collect alternative data with web scraping tools. You can integrate ISP proxies into your web scraper bot which extracts relevant information in real-time from targeted websites and converts it to the necessary format (e.g. CSV, JSON). Here are some of the applications of alternative data in the investment world:
- It can be used to forecast the return on investment of business ventures.
- Alternative data can be used to predict increases or decreases in consumer demand for specific items or services in the future.
- It can be used to predict the stock price movements of publicly-traded companies.
Recommendation: It may not be sufficient to obtain information about a company only from its website. You can also take advantage of data collection agencies’ services. Data collection services use advanced techniques to collect large amounts of data. They collect data from websites, surveys, PDFs, and image documents for you with customized data collection services.
3. SEO Monitoring
Tracking and analyzing how effectively your organization’s website performs in search engines helps you optimize its visibility online. Search engine scraping collects search engine results for a specific search query, including URLs, news, shopping options, images, videos, and many other types of results. However, your location and the cookies associated with your web browser affect search engine results. ISP proxies get over these issues and enable access to region-specific content.
- Competitor tracking: You can scrape the results for your targeted websites and see where your competitors rank at.
- Lead generation with Google Maps data: Companies can use Google Maps data to identify new potential customers. Especially for B2B companies working with small or local businesses, Google Maps provides information about potential customers, such as ‘their contact information, their websites, etc., to reach out to them.
- Scraping Google Maps reviews: Companies can get all of their customers’ ratings and reviews for all of their branches. To effectively analyze the strongest and weakest features of your product or service, you can apply sentiment analysis to text data.
Recommendation: You need to beware of fake product reviews and misleading information. Online reviews are crucial because they play an important role in potential customers’ buying decisions. When working with a large amount of text data, it can be difficult to identify fake reviews. Use the most up-to-date tips to spot fake reviews.
For more on web scraping
- The Ultimate Guide to Web Scraping Using Proxies
- The Ultimate Guide to Rotating Proxies vs. Static Proxies
- Dedicated Proxies: How They Work & Why You Need Them
If you still have any questions about how to choose a ISP proxy service that is suitable for your specific application, feel free to read our data-driven whitepaper on the topic:
For guidance to choose the right tool, you can check out our data-driven list of web scrapers, and reach out to us:
Next to Read
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.